We provides effective treatment for Psoriasis, Pimple care,,Hairfall, Dandruff, Premature graying etc
Psoriasis is a long-lasting autoimmune disease characterized by patches of abnormal skin. These skin patches are typically red, itchy, and scaly. They may vary in severity from small and localized to complete body coverage. Injury to the skin can trigger psoriatic skin changes at that spot, which is known as Koebner phenomenon.
Its a chronic relapsing inflammatory skin disease characterised by circumscribed silvery scaly patches especially to the scalp and the bony prominent regions like elbow and knee.
Factors of Psoriasis:
• Genetic factors
• Drugs like lithium carbonate and propranolol
• Mental stress
Exact cause is unknown . possibly , distributed fat metabolism , hormonal imbalance , allergy , anxiety states , hereditary influences etc
Clinical features :
Age : all ages and Sex : both
The initial lesion consists of red spots which vary in sizes and may appear in any parts of the body, these are popular lesions and are covered with silvery scales which after scraping leave behind a shiny bleeding surface ( auspitz sign) gradually these size enlarge and larger patches are produced. These patches symmetrically distributed over the scalp, palms , soles ,extensor surfaces of knee and elbow and also over the sacrum and back.Itching may not presents but occurs when the lesions folds .This is called inverse psoriasis. Nails may thickened, pitted and striated in middle age cases rheumatoid arthritis may develop.it is called psoriatic arthropathy
Rare type of psoriasis which is clearly demarcated and without any scale . The groin , genital and perianal skin are very often involved as well as the folds of the axilllae . This is difficult to treat.
Pustular psoriasis :
This is form of localised psoriasis in children often involving a digit scaling is more prominent and nails changes including thickening and colour changes are very common. Trunks and limbs or other parts of the body may also be involved in generalised psoriasis .
Ayurveda Treatment for Psoriasis:
As per ayurveda psoriasis may occur due to the dosha imbalance , viruddha ahara ( incompatible foods ), mental stress etc
• VAMANAM- Vamana Karma, also known as medical emesis or medical vomiting, is one of the five Pradhana Karmas of Panchakarma which is used in treating Kapha disorders. Some clinical trials have used it as a treatment for depressive disorder. ... It is used as a treatment for psoriasis.
• VIRECHANAM- It is a Therapy for Pitta Detoxification. Virechana or Virechana Karma is a Purification therapy and one among the five scared, healing therapies of the Panchakarma. The Panchakarma encompasses five treatments that can prevent and heal a number of physical, mental and emotional disorders and illnesses
• VASTI- Vasti therapy in Panchakarma is to cure the ailment of the patient by eliminating the toxins and doshas from the body. It is performed using the medicated oils and liquids to expel the impurities out of the body through the intestinal tract by the means of the urethra, anus and vaginal passage. The medicated oils are administered into the body through the rectum by the means of an instrument known as vasthiyantra.
• NASYAM- Nasyam is very important treatment for illness in the head region. Nostrils are the doorway to brain
• SIRAVEDAM OR RAKTA MOKSHAM- Toxins present in the gastro-intestinal tract are absorbed into the blood and circulated throughout the body. This condition is called toxemia, which is the basic cause of repeated infections, hypertension and certain other circulatory conditions. This includes repeated attacks of skin disorders such as urticaria, rashes, herpes, eczema, acne, scabies, leukoderma, chronic itching or hives. In such conditions, along with internal medication, elimination of the toxins and purification of the blood is necessary. Raktamoksha is also indicated for cases of enlarged liver, spleen and gout.
• TAKRA DHARA - Ailments being cured with Thakra-Dhara Treatment. Takradhara is an excellent cure for chronic Insomnia, psoriasis and other pitta aggravated diseases. It reduces burning sensation of palms and soles, and helps reduce headache. It reduces Stress and Hypertension, cures premature greying of hair and improves vision. The therapy creates a balancing effect on the deepest recesses of our brains, stimulating the endocrine system, the pituitary and pineal glands (for hormonal imbalances) and pleasure neurotransmitters (for depression or emotional insecurity). It is also said to enhance blood circulation to the brain, improving clarity and releasing deeply trapped ama, or toxins. Apparently this is very commonly used treatment for psoriasis and others including Alzheimer’s, insomnia, stress related problems, hypertension, anemia etc. Ayurvedic Thakra-Dhara Other benefits- effective to combat migraines problem, cures specific types of specific pitta disorder, cooling and refreshing therapy improves sensory function, cleanses the skin, and relives stress and fatigue.
• SHIRO DHARA - Shirodhara works primarily on the mental sheath or "manomaya kosha" as it is referred to in Ayurveda. Shirodhara is traditionally used to calm the nerves, harmonize vata constitutions, restore the nerves, release stored emotions, and purify the mind. In Ayurvedic Medicine, it is considered an important tool in the pursuit of higher states of consciousness. Shirodhara has been traditionally shown to help with fatigue, mental exhaustion, anxiety, insomnia, some mental disorders, headache, excessive thinking, nervousness, and many other conditions commonly affecting persons in today?s active lifestyle.
• CHOORNA PINDA SWEDAM - Churna Pinda Sweda is a form of swedana which is included under the category of Pinda Sweda (bolus fomentation). In this procedure we use heated or oil fried herbal powders (prepared by pounding the herbs which have the property of healing pain, catches, swelling, inflammation and degeneration) tied in a bolus to provide heat to the pain afflicted joints or body parts, especially in diseases like Osteoarthritis, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Lumbar spondylosis, Cervical spondylosis, Musculoskeletal pains, Myalgia etc.
• KASHAYA DHARA- Kashaya Dhara is indicated in treatment of skin disease such as psoriasis, eczema, some scalp lesions and also prevention of hair fall.
• PIZHICHIL- Pizhichil is the squeezing of warm medicated oil onto the body of the patient. Pizhichil literally means squeezing. Pizhichil is a type of Sarvangdhara. Sarvanga means the whole body and dhara means stream. Thus, Sarvangadhara refers to pouring a stream of oil on the whole body.
Pizhichil actually helps in initiating diaphoresis (heavy sweating) and hence is highly effective in rheumatic diseases, arthritis, paralysis, hemiplegia, paralysis-agitans (parkinson's disease), sexual weakness, nervous weakness, nervous disorders etc. • Pizhichil relieves body pain and muscle spasms, This helps in the healing of fractured bones, This increases immunity and prolongs lifespan, It promotes development of muscles, This improves skin complexion, It has anti aging properties, This improves blood circulation, It helps in diabetes, hypertension, effective in asthma and even in tuberculosis in early stages, The therapy is soothing and relaxing, Pizhichil helps preserve and promote optimum health, This therapy is very rejuvenating, and It alleviates burning sensation in the body.
• LEPAM -A medicinal plaster which cleanses and reduces inflammation.
The above said treatments are highly effective . INTERNAL MEDICINES also plays a great role ( that should be taken under the guidance of a doctor .
Commonly used medicines for Psoriasis :
• ARAGWATHAM KASHYAM
• MAHA MANJISHTADI KASHYAM
• PANCHA NIMBADI GULIKA
• KAISHORA GUGGULU TAB
• MAHATHIKTAKA GRITHAM
NB - MANY INTERNAL MEDICINES ARE AVAILABLE .BUT ALWAYS INTAKE MEDICINES UNDER THE GUIDENCE OF A DOCTOR
Our ancestors used to say that a women's overall beauty lies in her hair. In today's world most of the people are affected with Hair related problems irrespective of gender. Various factors affects the quality of hair like irregular dietary habits,Poor diet,illness, deficiency of vitamins and minerals, use of antibiotics etc. Some common hair care problems include hairfall, dandruff, premature graying etc. We have customised treatments for all hair related problems, which nourishes, strenghtnes, and encourage the growth of healthy hair thereby arresting hairfall.
Pain in the lower back or Low back pain (LBP) is a common concern, affecting up to 50-80% of general population at some point in lifetime. Up to 50% will have more than one episode.LBP is not a specific disease; rather it is a symptom that my occur from a variety of different processes. In up to 85% of people with LBP, despite a thorough medical examination,no specific cause for the pain can be identified.
Backache can have many underlying reasons, but often no specific source can be found and the pain will resolve. This will review many of the causes of back pain, along with the proper evaluation and diagnostic approach.
LBP is second only to the common cold as a cause of lost days at work. It is also one of the most common reasons for a visit to the doctor’s office or the emergency department. It is the second most common neurologic complaint in the world, second only to headache.
LBP can be classified by the duration of symptoms as acute (less than 4 wks), sub acute (4-12 wks), or chronic (more than 12wks).
The majority of pain in the lower back stems from benign musculoskeletal problem and is referred to as non- specific LBP. This type may be due to sprain or strain of muscles and soft tissues of the back, particularly when the pain seems to arise suddenly during physical loading, and laterally to the spine. Over 99% of back pain during exertion cases fall into this category.
Causes of mechanical LBP are generally attributable to a specific traumatic event, but they may also have cumulative trauma as aetiology. The severity of an acute traumatic event varies widely, from twisting of one’s back to being involved in a motor vehicle collision. Mechanical LBP due to cumulative trauma to occur more commonly in the work place.
Biomechanically, the movements on the lumbar spine consist of the cumulative motions of the vertebrae, with 80-90% of the lumbar flexion/extension occurring at the L4-L5 and L5-S1intervertebral discs
The lumbar spine movements most likely to produce LBP are forward flexion (bending forward), rotation (twisted trunk), and attempts to lift heavy objects with outstretched arms.
Axial lading of short duration is supported by the annular collagen fibers in the disc. Long- term axial loading creates higher pressures on the annulus fibroses and on the endplates. If the annulus and endplates are intact, the loading forces can be adequately resisted to.
Complex social legal, and economic issued tend to produce many of the complications surrounding mechanical LBP
The prognosis is good for recovery from mechanical LP at 1 mo 35% of patients can be expected to recover: at 3 mo 85% have recovered: and at 6 mo the recovery rates is 95%
Failure ofa patient to recover should lead the clinician into a more through and extensive search for the causes of the back pain, including the possibility of recurrent back injuries.